Thou shall not kill-switch.

8 replies to this topic
  • HondaXR650L

Posted March 08, 2005 - 05:25 PM

How do I dissable the kill switch in my stand? I like the light that say's that it is down but I want to make lubing the chain easer. (I am getting a motion pro quick jack motorcycle stand for the other side of the bike) and I want to raise up the back tire and put it in gear to move the chain fast, for cleaning and lubing. I have a 2002 Honda XR650L and would like any help that you guy's or girls can offer.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 08, 2005 - 06:41 PM

According to the schematic, there are 3 wires going to the sidestand switch:
GREEN/WHITE STRIPE (GW), goes to the CDI
GREEN (G)- ground
YELLOW/BLACK STRIPE (YBl)- sidestand light
Stand down, YBl connects to ground, GW is isolated.
with the stand up, YBl is isolated, and GW connects to ground.
So, short thew GW wire to ground.

Dave

• HondaXR650L

Posted March 08, 2005 - 11:37 PM

Where at? At the stand? Or somewhere else on the bike?

• michaeln

Posted March 09, 2005 - 04:45 AM

Cleaning the chain with the motor running and the bike in gear is a pretty dangerous thing to do. If a rag catches, it can pull your hand into the sprockets.

I'd STRONGLY advise not using this method, rotate the wheel by hand instead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • edssco

Posted March 09, 2005 - 07:50 AM

Hear is a picture of the kick stand switch.
Ed

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35594

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:14 AM

If you want to fiddle with the wires, I'd do it just past the connector that leads to the sidestand switch. That way anything you munge is replaceable.

Dave

• mackey

Posted March 10, 2005 - 01:19 PM

what mike said. you don't want to do it w/ the gear running. 1. your hand might get caught (i've seen the aftermath and it wasn't pretty). 2 the bike might vibrate off the stand and go into things you don't want it to (ground, cars, animals, people, etc)

it's not that hard to rotate the rear wheel by hand while lubing.

• ImaPoser

Posted March 10, 2005 - 01:39 PM

what mike said. you don't want to do it w/ the gear running. 1. your hand might get caught (i've seen the aftermath and it wasn't pretty). 2 the bike might vibrate off the stand and go into things you don't want it to (ground, cars, animals, people, etc)

it's not that hard to rotate the rear wheel by hand while lubing.

Make it three people who have told you DON'T do it! Bad, bad, idea.

• 2fas4u

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:07 PM

I don't know. Do you realy need all your didgets to pull the cluch and the brake???

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.