05 WR450 rear sprocket

2 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted March 08, 2005 - 03:16 PM

First I want to say how well this forum is run and what a wealth of great information.

I have only had this bike a month and just absolutely love it. I wanted to gear it down a little bit but don't want to go to a smaller counter shaft so I opted for a 52 tooth rear sprocket. I am concerned about the chain and chain guide wear. I had hoped the stock chain would fit but since I have only rode 30 miles I guess it hasn't stretched enough. Is it advisable to add a link or two? I was surprised to find the o-ring chain is endless, so I will need to break it. Thanks for any input.
Jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted March 08, 2005 - 03:22 PM

"Previously on Thumpertalk":
http://www.thumperta...79&parentpage=6

• Domenic_WRF

Posted March 08, 2005 - 03:38 PM

I used a 116 link chain with the 52 tooth rear.. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.