Elsinore Entry form?

24 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 22, 2001 - 07:44 PM

Im just testing, Anyone want to go riding?? http://albums.photop...&p=53269009&f=0

[This message has been edited by Dan Lorenze (edited 08-22-2001).]

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 23, 2001 - 09:06 PM

Rescue helicopters, firemen, mega heat, and camping in the desert unexpectedly makes for one hell of a ride. You guys are animals!

At least you did not end up like this guy. :)

[This message has been edited by Ron in SoCal (edited 08-23-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hodaphile

Posted August 23, 2001 - 07:15 PM

Truthfully, there is no worse bargain for your racing dollar than Elsinore. You could do 4 desert races or enduros for just the one race. Plus you have to deal with everyone sandbagging for a trophy. Apparently "beginner" often means "I haven't won a national yet"!

BUT, it is the nostalgia. You can look at old pics from the 70's and still make out landmarks that you race past.

Try to get around the course before you race, especially the back section by the mudhole. My first year I was rather suprised at some of the drop offs and watch out for folks that fall in the bottom of same. I hit a few!

I'm still waffling on whether to race. I think I might just go to watch this year. A dual sport bike is sure handy for getting around and if I do race I plan to leave the kit on so I don't have to push to and from the truck!

aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 24, 2001 - 09:04 PM

I totally agree that it's expensive. All it takes is one trip to Elisinore and you're hooked. They put so much work into the track and town. It's worth it to me...

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 24, 2001 - 11:27 AM

Ya know, your right about the cost. One could most likely race an entire D-37 season for the cost of this one weekend. But, how often do you get to blast down a residential street and the residents are cheering you on? The fun factor is off the scale. It is an experience kind of thing, and I think it's worth it too.

[This message has been edited by Ron in SoCal (edited 08-24-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.