Will XR600R/XR650L Forks Fit XR650R?

5 replies to this topic
  • 415ZR1

Posted March 08, 2005 - 06:35 AM

I'm new to TT. What a great site!

Yeah, I know...odd question. Basically, are the steering stems the same? Jusr sold my long time XR600R/XRL bike. Have a set of WP USD forks that were on the XRL. Was wondering if they would fit the BRP.

Thanks, John

• TimBrp

Posted March 08, 2005 - 09:39 AM

I believe the 650R's fork tubes are slightly larger than that of the 650l. I'd imagine with some type of custom spacer you could make it work. The 650r forks are far better even in stock from than the xl's.

• TooFast

Posted March 08, 2005 - 09:46 AM

The L's fork tubes are 43mm, the 650R's tubes are 46mm. I've got a modified set of CR500 clamps that will bolt on to the 650R steering head and allow you to put some upside down forks on the 650R and get some much stronger forks on that BRP. Let me know if you're interested

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted March 08, 2005 - 12:45 PM

Isnt an XR650L model also a BRP...?

I mean its even Bigger and Red...and sometimes even pulled over by Pigs !!!

:)

• 415ZR1

Posted March 08, 2005 - 04:28 PM

The L's fork tubes are 43mm, the 650R's tubes are 46mm. I've got a modified set of CR500 clamps that will bolt on to the 650R steering head and allow you to put some upside down forks on the 650R and get some much stronger forks on that BRP. Let me know if you're interested

Haven't got a BRP yet, but I'm looking seriously. The XR-L is gone tomorrow so there's an empty space in the shop! I do have a set of CR500 forks hanging in the shop. Guess it wouldn't be too bad to buy parts for a bike I don't even have yet. Send pics if available. How much? Contact me off forum if you like.

• TooFast

Posted March 11, 2005 - 09:04 AM

Going to Moab, I'll send you pics next week

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.