2005, wr450f top speed

6 replies to this topic
  • bwsully1

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:39 PM

first question ...with the free mods ie: gray wire, exht, ts..... does anyone know the average top speed with stock gearing. next question, i changed the mj 170 & pj 48 along with adding a 2005 "yz" adjustable needle. clip located three from the top. (california-bike) has anyone had any problems with this set up??

• moach1

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:48 PM

i have same setup, stock sprockets, free mods and 170 mj with red needle in fourth position. i got it up to 90.3 mph. not too shabby. plan on dropping two teeth in back and putting a 15 up front.

• 2old4school

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:48 PM

First ride after having the mods done (grey wire, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit, baffle and snorkle removed) I was pulling away from my buddy's XR650L doing 80. I still had lots of throttle left. Important to note that I weigh in at 230 lbs. In addition to the massive increase in speed, my WR now climbs like a goat! Actually considering entering my first desert race at the age of 39! Just want to be able to say I finsished one!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moach1

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:50 PM

First ride after having the mods done (grey wire, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit, baffle and snorkle removed) I was pulling away from my buddy's XR650L doing 80. I still had lots of throttle left. Important to note that I weigh in at 230 lbs. In addition to the massive increase in speed, my WR now climbs like a goat! Actually considering entering my first desert race at the age of 39! Just want to be able to say I finsished one!

are you going to race district 38? i was thinking about racing superstition.

• bwsully1

Posted March 07, 2005 - 09:06 PM

thanks for insight on speed, and not ready to race yet....first weekend with bike set up. will be traveling down to ocotillo wells this weekend for additional set ups. cool thing about this new bike is the nev. plate (dual sport ready). bought in cal in tagged in nev.......sweet......

• 2old4school

Posted March 08, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Since you're gonna be in the area this weekend, you might want to check out the National Hare and Hound on Saturday. Race starts at 9am at the Superstition Mountain area (Dry Lake Bed).

• doctorchopper

Posted March 08, 2005 - 11:37 AM

I run a 16 tooth front and a 47 tooth rear on my 01wr426 as I ride on the road a lot (street legal kit), I top out at around 170 kph, at least thats where I let off, Bike still accelerating but reving too high for my liking

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.