Lowering A Xr650l?

4 replies to this topic
  • tatertodd

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hello there. I have a 2004 xr650l that I need to lower. I have already installed a White Brothers lowering link, whiched helped, but I need more. I need to set the sag, but I do not know how on this bike. Roughly how much will the sag adjustment give me? I weigh about 180 pounds. If anyone could help with the sag and any other lowering ideas, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

• justicedone

Posted March 07, 2005 - 11:12 PM

Did you lower the forks? I have read its very easy to lower them about 1-1.5 inches or so.

I am 6ft even so I am gonna leave mine high even though its tippy toes with both feet down, flat foot with 1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hoptup

Posted March 08, 2005 - 03:19 PM

I recently lowered my forks 1/2 inch, lowering the center of gravity makes for better control in my opinion. These bikes have alot of "up high" weight. The lowering link is next for me, and I can sit flat footed.

• drtlvr

Posted March 08, 2005 - 05:41 PM

my xr is lowered two inches front and back,back was done with a lowering link and the front done by slidding fork tubes up and different springs,the springs are a bit stiffer but the xr is way to soft in the front i.m.o.

check it out in the garage section
good luck,
drtlvr :)

• tatertodd

Posted March 11, 2005 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the advice. I lowered the back end, but not the front. I'll try sliding the triple clamp down, but still?? I would like it lower in the back. Will setting the sag more give me extra clearance? Thanks again

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.