Kickstand?? Cause greif offroad???

13 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I hate the thought of putting a kickstand on my bike but the more I think about it the more I realize I should get one since my bike is now road legal. My main concern is that I hit big jumps when off road and I dont want the kickstand falling down on landing or want it scratcing up the side of my swingarm. Have any of you ever put one on your YZ? I was wondering how it held up off road and if it caused you any greif? What make of kickstand would be the best? Or do you think Im better off without it, because I would rather not have one if they are trouble. Thanks for the info!! :)

• yzf450jack

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:48 PM

I made my kickstand it works great tucks up under the number plate it never falls down It bolts to the lower subframe bolt and chain roller if your worryed about it falling down I put a big 0ring around the subframe and loop it on to the kickstand no matter what it won't fall :)

• 02YZ426

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:50 PM

Ya.. I thought about makin one to save a few bucks, but if I make it, then it will definatly fall down! I am great at fixin things, but terrible at makin things. If I put one on my bike I will be considering the Trail tech, or the Pro Moto billet kickstand.

• RJB

Posted March 07, 2005 - 09:13 PM

I went for the Pro Moto Billet one. Once up, it seems to stay put and I've never had a problem with it. Then again, I'm not hitting any triples or doubles. :)

• 02YZ426

Posted March 07, 2005 - 09:15 PM

Does it scratch up your swingarm or number plate?

• exIT

Posted March 07, 2005 - 11:12 PM

I've got a Trailtech on my bike and haven't had any problems with it. It tucks up tight more or less behind the number plate, doesn't touch the swingarm, and i haven't had any trouble with it falling down. Some people have reported problems with the bolt breaking but it seems like they are leaning on the sidestand to start the bike.

• ovrrdrive

Posted March 08, 2005 - 01:32 AM

I have a TrailTech on my bike and am very satisfied with it. Once up, I never know its there on the trail.

But of course, I rarely ever leave the ground and if I do it's a small jump. :)

The kickstand has a very strong spring on it. I doubt you'd be able to get it to come down. And the price is right on the Trailtech too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tammie

Posted March 08, 2005 - 12:40 PM

i have the trail tech kickstand as well, race harescrambles and enduros all summer long, hit some big jumps in a few harescrambles, the stand has never once come down.......ever.

• redright

Posted March 08, 2005 - 01:34 PM

I have the PMB. Love it, sturdy, very strong spring and looks like part of the sub-frame. Have had many compliments on it. You can order it from John Burr cycles in Fontana, Ca. I got mine for $119, best price around. Good luck!

• 02YZ426

Posted March 08, 2005 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys! I feel better knowing the Kickstand wont fall down, I will be definatly ordering one soon.

• 97zjguy

Posted March 08, 2005 - 03:58 PM

for what it's worth, i also have the trailtech, got the 2 stroke version cause i found a good deal, had a local machine shop refab the bracket for my yz400, and have had no problems. i would advise against using it for a prop to kickstart your bike, unless absolutely necessary. lol

• 02YZ426

Posted March 08, 2005 - 04:23 PM

Well.. hopefully now that I got the auto-decomp Hot Cam the days of needing a prop for starting are over with. :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted March 08, 2005 - 05:17 PM

I have one that Baja designs used to sell. It is all wr parts with an adapter plate to make it all work. This thing is the strongest thing I have ever seen.

I love a kickstand for ofroad. I get tires of finding trees to lay my yz against.

• SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted March 08, 2005 - 10:37 PM

i have the PMB kickstand. i love it. when we stop on a ride everyone has to stand there and hold there bike while i get to put the kickstand dowd and kickback. mine has never come down and ive done enough jumping. very nice to have and you'll never notice it's there while riding but you will definately notice it when you come to a stop and get to just put it down and walk away.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.