How can I tell if the bike is YZ timing

2 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted August 15, 2001 - 08:47 AM

I bought my bike used and have know way of really knowing if the timing was changed. My hopes are that it has already been done.

Can I check this fairly easy?

Ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
YZ timing I think (bought used)
Grey wire mod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 15, 2001 - 12:01 PM

You will have to pull the cam cover and check the number of cam chain links between the timing marks. 13 links = WR timing, 12 links = YZ timing.

Refer to the tech section for instructions for changing to YZ timing for more info on the timing marks. It sounds hard and complicated, but just looking to see what timing you have should be real easy.

• armourbl

Posted August 16, 2001 - 08:01 AM

Can anyone tell me if the WR400 to YZ timing will work basically the same on a WR250 to YZ?

Ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
YZ timing I think (bought used)
Grey wire mod

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.