in need of advice on trail gearing and fly weel weights

4 replies to this topic
  • gunship426

Posted March 07, 2005 - 11:22 AM

hay guys and gals, i have a 2002 yz426 and im just getting back in the sport. could any one tell me good gearing for mountain trails. and ide like fly wheel weight advice too. thanks.........

• simimi

Posted March 07, 2005 - 02:43 PM

Gearing you have many choices, I run a couple teeth more on the back, but Rocky MountainMC.com had a 13tooth front for $10 so I picked up one of those also. You can get 12, 13 or 14 tooth front, cheap and easy to see what you like.

Check out http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/ for the flywheel, they have several options from a complete flywheel to a do it yourself kit, prices run accordingly.

I also run the FMF powerbomb header and Q muffler and meet the CA sound requirements.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gunship426

Posted March 08, 2005 - 08:59 AM

thanks alot mike. ill loke at the web sight. i put a fmf powerbomb and a ti4 with a quit core and a spark arrester on runes real good....

• MONTANATHUMPER

Posted March 09, 2005 - 08:41 AM

Depends on what kind of riding you do, I have a '98 wr400 and have a steahly 12oz weight in. It took alot of the hit out of the bike it rolls on real smooth, almost to smooth. But I haven't done the throttle stop mod yet so I'm hopeing after I do that it will be perfect for me, but I do most of my riding on tight technical trails. If you want more hit try the 10ozer.

MThumper

• MONTANATHUMPER

Posted March 09, 2005 - 08:44 AM

PS chucks a great guy (Chuck Steahly) he usually answers the phone and can answer any questions about fly wheel weight. The number is
1-800-800-2363

MThumper

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.