White Bros Aluminum Race: How Loud?!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • mnm567

Posted March 07, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I am considering the $350 aluminum race from last year and was wondering if anyone has it or has heard it? I wanted to know if it was extremely loud compared to stock or if the performance gains were worth the purchase? Not having the option of spark arrest could limit my riding spots, but if it is worth the cash, I will sacrifice. My next Idea was the FMF Ti4. Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I did a search of the forums and found no threads about this exhaust. Thanks a lot!!! Matt

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 07, 2005 - 05:57 AM

What has loudness to do with performance :)

Get the White Brothers E2, you can remove the insert for race and be as loud as you want and put the core back and be at 96db like the rest of the Dirt Biking nation should be

You will not notince any perfomrance gain from the Removal or insert the pipe is awesome

• mnm567

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Three things:Performance, Loudness, Price. I ride on my buddy's track that is in his back yard which also happens to be in the city. I really don't want to deal with the neighbors around his house. The White Bros aluminum race is a full system for $350 the E2 series is a slip on for $399. All I wondered was if the exhaust was EXTREMELY LOUD. If someone owned this exhaust, it would also be nice to know if it had good performance gains. Here is my best scenario; good gains, not too loud, good price.=performance, loudness, price. I guess that is what Loudness has to do with Performance. I am just on a budget and want to get as much as I can for my money. Does the E2 stick way out the back of the bike? I haven't seen pics and would like to reduce any potential crash damage by having the exhasut "pulled" closer in. Thanks Matt

• Ga426owner

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:38 AM

Three things:Performance, Loudness, Price. I ride on my buddy's track that is in his back yard which also happens to be in the city. I really don't want to deal with the neighbors around his house. The White Bros aluminum race is a full system for $350 the E2 series is a slip on for $399. All I wondered was if the exhaust was EXTREMELY LOUD. If someone owned this exhaust, it would also be nice to know if it had good performance gains. Here is my best scenario; good gains, not too loud, good price.=performance, loudness, price. I guess that is what Loudness has to do with Performance. I am just on a budget and want to get as much as I can for my money. Does the E2 stick way out the back of the bike? I haven't seen pics and would like to reduce any potential crash damage by having the exhasut "pulled" closer in. Thanks Matt

I own it, I recommend it. I do not recommend in for woods riding - no option for inserts. The performance gains are incredible over stock. It fits nicely to the 450 and does not stick out as far as the stock pipe - it is a deal at $350 for complete system...."loudness is in the ear of the beholder" :)

• mnm567

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:47 AM

Ga426owner,
Do you happen to have any pics of your bike with that exhaust on it? If so, E-mail the pics to me at: mswpj567@msn.com Some guys and myself, are interested in what the system looks like mounted on the bike. Thanks, Matt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted March 07, 2005 - 07:59 AM

"loudness is in the ear of the beholder" :)

Most of the Beholders are those who are attacking us :)

Its Called Responsibility to the Community

Pics
E2 Pic 1

E2 Pic 2

E2 Pic 3

• mnm567

Posted March 07, 2005 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for the pictures John! Matt

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2005 - 01:53 PM

If it's the R4, it is LOUD :) Easily over 102-104db. I have one on a YZ250F, and people are always asking if it isn't time to repack it or something. A friend I ride with has one on a 426, and it's noticably louder than the FMF 17" Ti4 on my 450.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 07, 2005 - 02:15 PM

Ga426owner,
Do you happen to have any pics of your bike with that exhaust on it? If so, E-mail the pics to me at: mswpj567@msn.com Some guys and myself, are interested in what the system looks like mounted on the bike. Thanks, Matt

sure I will email to you

• mnm567

Posted March 08, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Ga426owner,

The pictures came through this time. Just what I needed. Your bike looks great by the way. Thanks, Matt

• Ga426owner

Posted March 08, 2005 - 11:13 AM

Ga426owner,

The pictures came through this time. Just what I needed. Your bike looks great by the way. Thanks, Matt

thanks Matt -
you will not be sorry purchasing this pipe.

david

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.