carb problem

23 replies to this topic
  • saucebox

Posted April 10, 2005 - 02:29 PM

They really do work well -

yes sir they do.. today was the first time i've really ever had to adjust mine and it worked so slick. my 2 friends on yfz 450 quads were both running lean and they would stall if they hit the throttle hard off idle, the one was so lean his ride was running best with the choke 1/2 out. (we didnt have any tools with us to adjust their screws) the other one was too fat with the choke out so he was just sol. the temp dropped about 25 degrees from yesterday to today and 2 turns out on the fuel screw with mine cleared that lil blip right up and it ran like a raped ape :naughty:

• new2blu

Posted April 10, 2005 - 06:18 PM

saucebox,
If it was your fuel screw that fell out the Zip-Ty unit from the Thumpertalk shop would work fine. I am not sure if that unit comes with an O-ring gasket, washer, and spring but if not you will have to get one from Yamaha and just take the spring/washer/O-ring off and put it on the Zip-Ty model. I am sure it will be more expensive but having the hand adjustable fuel screw is awesome. As the temp increases just reach down their and give her a 1/4-1/2 turn and go.

Dang, I just looked at Yamahaoftroy.com and a new fuel screw setup is $25!! I was thinking maybe $10. Good luck.

Call Sudco in California they will sell o-ring,washer,and spring seperately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • saucebox

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:40 AM

Call Sudco in California they will sell o-ring,washer,and spring seperately.

whats the number and i'll call them up

• Fastest1

Posted April 12, 2005 - 10:29 AM

http://www.sudco.com/

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.