Fork springs

3 replies to this topic
  • Cobra2go

Posted August 15, 2001 - 03:56 AM

Since I am spending all my money on the restoration of my old Mustang I have none to spend on the bike. I was wondering if the fork springs from a 01 WR426 would work in my 99 WR400 forks? Mine are shot and if I could get a year or so out of the set my buddy is taking out I could purchase new one down the road.
Thanks

• freestyle111

Posted August 15, 2001 - 04:54 AM

just use old coil springs out of mustang.they'll be a tight fit so you might need to get a sledhammer and hammer them in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted August 15, 2001 - 05:12 PM

How much do you weigh, and where are you? I have a brand new pair of stock WR springs...

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• Cobra2go

Posted August 16, 2001 - 03:40 AM

I weigh ~225 and live in Ill. I am mainly interested in parts interchange since my buddy is giving me his stock springs. Does anyone know if the 2001 WR springs will work in my 99 WR?
Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.