what to do?

3 replies to this topic
  • mayday

Posted March 06, 2005 - 02:56 PM

Hey I Dropped a valve in my 02 426 and the motor is trashed. The head, piston is trashed, cylinder can be saved.I just dropped 5 bens on new chain sprockets,clutch plates, wiesco piston,scotts dampner etc. I figured I would find another 02 426 so I can swap all my new goodies. looked into rebuilding the motor and it looks like $2300 bucks I can find a good used 02 426 for that.What would you do find a 02 426 or take the loss and by a new 450?

• 02WR426

Posted March 06, 2005 - 06:05 PM

Do what everyone else is doing, part it out on Ebay. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted March 06, 2005 - 08:09 PM

I saw a top end for a 426,not too long ago on E-Bay. :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 06, 2005 - 08:18 PM

My uncle has a 426 for sale. It is listed in the classifieds under my user name, I have the bike here in Billings and told him I would help him as he works in Sun Valley. Anyway, he said there is some room in the asking price, and the bike is in sweet shape mechanically. My own mechanic has checked the valves twice and says everything looks great. Maybe this helps and maybe not. Good luck. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.