sub frames

3 replies to this topic
  • wildo

Posted March 06, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Thout i'de post this hear since I didn't get a response it the wr forum. I have a wr 426 that I just bent my 2nd sub frame on. Have any of you used the aluminum ones from AC racing? Are they any stronger than the stockers.

• ISBB

Posted March 06, 2005 - 02:58 PM

How bad is it bent... mine has been tweeked for about 3 years and hasnt posed any problems yet except for the tire rubbing the overflow tank when the suspension is bottomed out and thats not bad... and it looks a lil funny if you look close enough...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wildo

Posted March 06, 2005 - 03:18 PM

not to bad the center of my tail light is siting 1-2 " left of the center of my rear tire

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted March 07, 2005 - 05:13 AM

I destroyed my steel subframe on my second ride of my then new '02 WR426 :) I got a YZ aluminium subframe here on TT, and it's been going strong ever since. Try the TT classifieds or eBay :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.