1982 XR/XL 500r

4 replies to this topic
  • seldom57

Posted March 06, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hey guys I have a 82 xr 500r. Im looking for a place other then my dealership to get parts for it. Does anyone know where I can get some new or slightly used plastics for one. I handed this bike down to my girlfriend when i got my drz400 and i want to fix it up a bit for her. Eventually I will upgrade her to a newer 250 but i figure fixing it up now cant hurt the resale. I was also wondering if I can go down to my salvage yard and get a front end off a newer bike to upgrade to disc brakes. I believe the 83 and up 600 had a disc brake. Are the steering stems the same dimensions. Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.

Posted Image

• jagj52

Posted March 06, 2005 - 09:49 PM

Go to www.maier-mfg.com I got some side plastic for my 83 XR 500R through them and they are reasonable w/ thier prices.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jagj52

Posted March 10, 2005 - 02:50 PM

Seldom...
I am looking for a rear chain guide for my '83 XR 500R. Cannot seem to find anything on the web, any suggestions on where to find this piece?

Allen

• Eric Henion

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:49 PM

have you tried www.bikebandit.com ?

• Eric Henion

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:50 PM

If you are in the Phoenix area try Bob's cycle supply

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.