Storm link on a '03 YZ450, advice needed.

3 replies to this topic
  • John407

Posted March 06, 2005 - 12:46 PM

Just installed a Storm Link on my 450 (bought it used from id250f, thank you very much). My question, what if any suspension changes should I make. What changes did you guys that have them already make? Thanks

• Ga426owner

Posted March 06, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Just installed a Storm Link on my 450 (bought it used from id250f, thank you very much). My question, what if any suspension changes should I make. What changes did you guys that have them already make? Thanks

I found out from testing that adding 1-2mm of sag to your normal sag setting is preferred. I also go 8mm on your fork height from the fork stanction down to the top of triple clamp.

Hope this helps :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John407

Posted March 07, 2005 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the advice, when you are measuring the fork height, is that from the top of the cap or the top of the tube? Thanks.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 08, 2005 - 04:49 AM

To the top of the fork tube - bottom of the cap/stanction

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.