Settings according to altitude

4 replies to this topic
  • Joe123

Posted March 05, 2005 - 11:02 PM

Morning all.

Got a 05 650r. In January 06 I'm going back home to South Africa, driving from the UK. My problem....what should my jet settings be for the change in alt? Also, any suggestions on front tires that would last!

Anybody wants to come with!

Regards
Joe :)

• KeithBoyd

Posted March 06, 2005 - 12:22 AM

I run Metzeler Sahara Enduro 3 tyres on standard rims....I got 6000kms on the rear with hard fast mountain twistie riding and the front is still showing about 8mm wear after 7000kms....they`re a trail tyre and very good on the road....which is why I just ordered another rear...I got mine in the UK for about £50 each or thereabouts(they`re €84 here in France)...I`m sure you can get a pix of them on their website....no problem keeping up with supermoto bikes and thier grip....you say you`re driving to RSA.....that mean you`re taking the bike or towing it??....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe123

Posted March 06, 2005 - 05:51 AM

No no, driving it back. Got 2 routes, complete with GPS points ext, ext. Everything done planning except the mods on the bike and the visas. The visas is going to be the hard part i think?

• wickedsprint

Posted March 06, 2005 - 11:47 AM

http://www.xr650r.us/jetting/

• frogman

Posted March 06, 2005 - 01:31 PM

Man I'd get the Edelbrock, otherwise you'll be having hell with the elevation changes.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.