Carb sincro on 87 600r

3 replies to this topic
  • 87XR600R

Posted March 05, 2005 - 09:34 PM

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and new to the thumper bikes. I have a question about the carbs adjustment on my 87, When I pulled the air box off the pistons in the carbs are not at the same height. Are they set up to be progressive? John

• XR6's_rule

Posted March 06, 2005 - 01:45 AM

With the throttle closed, both slides should be right down or fully closed. When you open the throttle, the left or primary carb will open on its own for the first 1/8 or so of the throttle travel, then a linkage and lever opens the secondary carb. There is meant to be a specified amount of opening clearance for the primary to secondary carb linkage (or secondary touch lever) it is 4.5-5.0mm.

Hope this helps!

Mark.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StevePSD

Posted March 06, 2005 - 07:21 PM

The primary carb (the left one) has a cutaway on the bottom of the slide, that the secondary carb does not. It might appear that the left slide is sitting higher due to this.

• 87XR600R

Posted March 06, 2005 - 09:18 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. John

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.