5 replies to this topic
  • reddrig

Posted March 05, 2005 - 07:53 PM

Spent most of the day installing new Factory 4 FMF pipe with Ti powerbomb Header and Scotts dampner. Also completed my last two free mods, gray wire and snorkel.

1st impression is WOW! It feels like a whole new M/C. I have read about the changes to the Wr on the board, but until you experience them for yourself you just don't really understand. FMF recommends basically stock carb settings, so I left them alone. I was ready to re-jet if it needed it.

Did a short ride around my house and couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. It was amazing the power gains from stock to this setup. The stock carb settings seem good for now. The bike started easier and ran better with the new exhaust system.

I just had to share my joy with all of you. I included a few pics for you..

Posted Image
Posted Image

• waterdog3

Posted March 05, 2005 - 08:00 PM

Right On !!!!!!!!!!!

• marcusdc

Posted March 05, 2005 - 08:37 PM

Not an inexpensive day, but what a difference! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 05, 2005 - 09:22 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeet :) :)

• Brian M

Posted March 05, 2005 - 09:42 PM

Does the factory 4 FMF pipe meet the 96 decibel law here in California?

Thanks, Brian

• reddrig

Posted March 05, 2005 - 10:59 PM

I put the quiet insert in that FMF makes for the pipe. I do believe it meets the standard with the quiet insert. The noise is slightly louder than my stock pipe was. You can also get a spark arrestor end cap for the pipe so it will meet the Ca standards.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.