Pro Taper triple clamp

2 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted March 05, 2005 - 06:29 PM

I had an adjustable Pro Taper clamp on my KX250 and loved it. So I had a chance to get on for my 04 450, the rubber mounted one for for cheap. :p I figured since it was so cheap I'd grab it :D Well I'm not so sure I like it on my 450. I fooled with it a bit out at the track but didn't feel real comfortable. :D

I was thinking that since it was adjustable I would be able to find a spot to make it turn better. What do you guys think, push the risers foward on the clamp so more wait is over the forks :)
What about the taller risers :) Will it give more of a feel of being lower in the bike??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smokin529

Posted March 05, 2005 - 08:01 PM

I did the exact same thing with my '04 450. I am currently running in the stock position with CR high bars, I've tried every position and found that it turns best in the stock position for me with these bars. I am 6'0 tall, so it might be different for you.

• SureBlue

Posted March 05, 2005 - 10:50 PM

I would try taller risers or a taller bar. Be careful not to pull the risers too much forward, you may not want your bars in front of the fork line; I tried that and had the feeling of too much weight on forks, had terrible frontal landings and my arms were hammered.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.