Speedo drive housing broken.....

2 replies to this topic
  • KeithBoyd

Posted March 05, 2005 - 01:48 AM

when I loosened the front axle. It spun with turning the axle and snapped a bit off the housing. This leads me onto the question of either a replacement housing,repairing by sticking/patching or upgrading (whilst the wife does`nt have the credit card!!) to an electronic speedo. I have carried out a search of the forum to find the Trail Tech Endurance computer. The other question I have is if a new speedo is installed what happens with the gap left by the old speedo housing? Do I keep it on and plug it with say,silicone or does the new speedo arrive with a spacer and seal to make up the gap thats left? Also I found a thread stating that a DRZ speedo would work. Can anyone advise if they have used this unit in this application??.......thoughts???.....Thanks....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigtom17

Posted March 05, 2005 - 02:51 AM

Go to Barnumspro.com website and check out the red speedo spacers he sells, they look cool also. Then get one of those digital computers. I got mine at Baja designs web site. I think it is the Panorama something or what ever. I have had mine on for about 2-3 years now no issues. They cost about 70 bones. It might be the trail tech I don't remember.

• hoptup

Posted March 05, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Hey call this guy I don't know his name but he just parted out a xr on e-bay and he might still have the speedo--1-717 477-9321- hope that helps

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.