00 426 clutch mod ?'s

3 replies to this topic
  • rmu

Posted March 04, 2005 - 10:19 PM

hey guys. Just got a couple questions about the 00 426 clutch mod. I need to do something with my clutch, and was going to do the 01 clutch mod, but then I saw a post about the tusk clutch kit. Will just doing the tusk kit fix my problems, or do I order an 01 tusk clutch pak with the rest of the 01 Yamaha parts to do it?

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 05, 2005 - 06:02 AM

I dont know anything about the Tusk Fix. But my 2000 was a night and day change when I did the fix, It used to chatter real bad until the 01 fix then it was smooth as butter.

I ended up going to a rekluse Zstart clutch and to be honest I prefer the Zstart Auto Clutch. This will make the YZF a complete bike for woods. Dont care to much for it in MX (I ride maybe 1% MX anyway) but for the woods rider :) :) :p :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmu

Posted March 05, 2005 - 07:10 AM

thanks, but how expensive is that rekluse clutch compared to just doing the update?

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 05, 2005 - 07:38 AM

the Rekluse is $429 if you get it from Rekluse, I have seen it as low as $380

the Fix is about $130 bucks depending on where you buy it and shipping.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.