Milky paste in oil fliier neck?

5 replies to this topic
  • doctorchopper

Posted March 04, 2005 - 02:46 PM

I was just checking the oil on my 01 wr426 and noticed a bit of milky paste in the oil filler neck, I changed the oil and it was clean, just wondering if this might just be condensation. It has been getting cold at night and then warming up during the day. I use the bike to commute to work about 50 miles a day. Any ideas?

• simon@vic

Posted March 04, 2005 - 03:02 PM

its just froth junk from moisture in your oil.

just ride your bike more often and for longer periods of time :)

• WRookie

Posted March 04, 2005 - 06:24 PM

I vote condensation. We have had chilly nights and warm days with a good bit of humidity (for high desert) lately. I noticed a little milk in the top of my filler cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted March 04, 2005 - 07:17 PM

I was just checking the oil on my 01 wr426 and noticed a bit of milky paste in the oil filler neck, I changed the oil and it was clean, just wondering if this might just be condensation. It has been getting cold at night and then warming up during the day. I use the bike to commute to work about 50 miles a day. Any ideas?

Normal condensation. I see your in an area with rain and lots of humidity. Temp differecnes will aso create moisture, ie cold engine cases and heat generated by starting the engine will bring out the moisture also. Usually its all converted to steam when the engine reaches normal operating temp and its pushed out the breather system. If not ran enough, it will just condense in the crankcase. So its basically "normal" :)

• doctorchopper

Posted March 05, 2005 - 02:45 AM

I don't think its a case of not riding enough, I ride 75 miles per day, everyday during the week, then at least 50 to 100 on the weekend

• doctorchopper

Posted March 05, 2005 - 02:47 AM

But I do agree with the condensation, it has been quite cold in the morning, and the heat of the engine should create this problem, I'm not too worried since the oil hasn't been milky

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.