Yz400 Leak?

7 replies to this topic
  • keestan31

Posted March 04, 2005 - 10:56 AM

I Just Bought A 99' Yz400 Yesterday...i Got It Home Took It Out For A Ride Around The Yard...not Hard Just Putted Around And Put It Up...went Back Out To The Garage A Few Hours Later To Find That Oil Was Leaking Out Of The Black Hose That Goes To The Top Of The Motor...any Suggestions On What It Could Be?

• PumpkinHumper

Posted March 04, 2005 - 12:31 PM

That is a vent for the cam/crankcase. Some spooge is normal. Lots of spooge could mean too much blowby on the rings ie time for new rings.

• Drusplanet

Posted March 04, 2005 - 12:51 PM

If you just bought it, i'd change the oil and filter first thing. That way YOU know if the levels correct and clean. I use the Rotella in mine. :)

I'd also go over all the basic maintenance items. Air filter, chain tension, chain lube, coolant, etc.

• keestan31

Posted March 05, 2005 - 08:52 AM

thanks for the info...i was planning on changing the oil and filter next week ....it was only about 3 or 4 drops is that normal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400FPower

Posted March 05, 2005 - 08:35 PM

yeah...i dont get that much but ive heard of it on 426's........you'll love the bike

• ISBB

Posted March 06, 2005 - 03:00 PM

I actually only had it happen a couple times when my bike was new... after the first couple of weekends of riding... everything was great... no problems... and no SPOOOGE...

• bushy

Posted March 06, 2005 - 05:06 PM

I actually only had it happen a couple times when my bike was new... after the first couple of weekends of riding... everything was great... no problems... and no SPOOOGE...

Same exact thing for me...

Wow I've owned my bike for over a year :)

• NorCal426

Posted March 28, 2005 - 10:19 PM

so it only happend to your guys' bikes when they were new? my bike is an '01 and still does it. i had my firned ride it and for some reason he believes it felt as if it were still brand new, hardly ridden. he also said that the clutch was extremely easy compared to his. is this all just nothing and normal or does it seem as if my bike has very low hours on it? i know it sat for some time but not sure exaclt how long. please let me know, thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.