'04 WR450F-Busted Case

5 replies to this topic
  • Oouthere

Posted March 04, 2005 - 09:26 AM

Well, I thought they were bullet proof until my last ride. The top of my left case is cracked on the top, next to a bolt housing. There doesn't seem to be any leakage so it may not go all the way through.

Not fixing this until there's actually a reason. Oh well, it's still a good running bike!

• Oouthere

Posted March 04, 2005 - 09:27 AM

.....I'm racing tomorrow so I hope she holds up!

• endurodog

Posted March 04, 2005 - 11:30 AM

Are you sure it's a new crack and not an old casting mark? Those things, casting marks, have scared me several times into thinking I had a major problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oouthere

Posted March 04, 2005 - 12:01 PM

I'm pretty definite it's a crack, about a $200 crack (part #18 on the on-line viewer). It doesn't seem to be in a place that'll effect anything as there are no fluids leaking plus the oil and filter looked normal when it was changed last night.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 04, 2005 - 12:36 PM

why not tig weld it? that side case on the left is aluminum not magnesium,i know for sure because i welded the hole shut where my starter used to be :)

• afi

Posted February 19, 2006 - 12:45 AM

got the same thing last ride at the same spot you mentioned, but no leakage , yet will there be any . very upset ....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.