shorty clutch lever 2005 WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • dooghsr

Posted March 04, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Does anybody make a shorty clutch lever for a 2005 WR450. I all ready checked with Moose and they don't. I prefer a standard type not AVS or any of the other break away type.

• cgrlvr35

Posted March 04, 2005 - 03:57 PM

Id like to know also. I just know of ASV. I have big hands and when I bring in the clutch it hits my knuckles. I hate it. :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 04, 2005 - 05:34 PM

Sounds like your fingers are on the wrong side of the lever.LOL
Jim

• ncmountainman

Posted March 04, 2005 - 07:26 PM

i looked and could not find one , i just cut the stock one down. and if you wanted to get real fancy tig weld the knob back on the end :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snmhanson

Posted March 04, 2005 - 08:23 PM

I just looked on the Dennis Kirk site and they had one from Sunline that was called the Forged Dehandler Shorty Lever With Bearing for $18.99. I'm not sure exactly what this is and when I looked on the Sunline website I couldn't find it. The Dennis Kirk site does say it's a clutch lever. Anyone know if this is what dooghsr is looking for?

• WheelsUp

Posted March 04, 2005 - 09:01 PM

Gotta be careful. If someone lists the same part number for '04 and '05, it will not fit the '05 WR.

AFAIK, factory is the only source unless you want to change your perch.

• 450high

Posted March 05, 2005 - 12:50 AM

I got one for my 03 450, don't know if the 05 is the same.i found my wrist got sore after a long tight ride so i put the original back on.

• 5valve

Posted March 05, 2005 - 04:07 AM

I broke mine (brake lever), cut an inch away in the middle, took it to the alu welder and got a shorter lever with the ball at the end
its hard to weld it, not pure aluminium, some strange shallow alloy, that likes to foam

• WheelsUp

Posted March 05, 2005 - 09:08 AM

I got one for my 03 450, don't know if the 05 is the same.i found my wrist got sore after a long tight ride so i put the original back on.

It's not. I went through hell trying to get a replacement for my '05.
First dealer sold me the one from a YZ.
Second dealer sold me the one from the '04.
Third dealer managed to get me the right one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.