Rear wheel question

2 replies to this topic
  • sharpmarble

Posted March 04, 2005 - 08:50 AM

I currently have an 18" rear wheel on my WR. What is the benefit, if any of going to a 19"?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RADRick

Posted March 04, 2005 - 10:05 AM

I currently have an 18" rear wheel on my WR. What is the benefit, if any of going to a 19"?

Thanks

The WR uses an 18" wheel because of the increased sidewall dimension, which gives greater impact absorption when riding rocky or rutted trails. The only reason I can see to switch would be to take advantage of a wider tire selection available in 19" sizes. Overall, the diameter of both is about the same.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 04, 2005 - 11:38 AM

Lower profile tires weigh less and accelerate quicker due to reduced flywheel effect. The 18" wheels are better for rim protection. Just like cars low profile tires and wheels are easy to dent on our potholes! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.