03 450 lighting options?

3 replies to this topic
  • noslo98

Posted March 03, 2005 - 10:33 AM

Are there any decent lighting options for an 03 yz450? that are under 500.00 I only use it like 4-6 times a year so cant see spending lots of cash on it.Currently i just tape 3 flashlights on the front fender its not real gerat thats how i got that cut in my avatar on here. Any options? it is for desert riding.

• 02YZ426

Posted March 03, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Check out Electrex USA, they have a stator for $230 bucks that doesnt require the use of a new flywheel (L38). You can get the UFO Twins headlight for around $50 bucks. That is probably the cheapest way to do it. I run the Electrex L38 on my bike and it puts out more than enough juice to run a headlight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • noslo98

Posted March 03, 2005 - 03:16 PM

I heard that the electux units an junk??

• 02YZ426

Posted March 03, 2005 - 03:27 PM

Who did you hear that from? I just installed it on my bike and it seems to work good. I bought the L38 because like you, I didnt want spend a ton of money on a stator. I just did a whole street conversion and it runs all my lights without a problem. If you want to run a high intensity lighting system, then I could see how someone might call it junk, seeing as it only puts out 45watts, but on a low budget, it does the job. Now I havnt had this on my bike long enough to call it reliable, but as long as it keeps working as well as it does now, then Im happy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.