What's your favorite aftermarket chain guide?

4 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what your favorite CG is and why?

TM Designs?

Any others?

• 5valve

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:14 AM

Im using UFO...my only choice :)
I dont see much diffrence in diffrent manufact., since it is not some high tech product

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:18 AM

i run a tm in the front and a fredette in the back. i think the fredette is designed for the yz because i had to modify it (lower it about 1/4")to fit the 51t rear sprocket i run , i think the yzf's come with a 47 or 48 and it was binding the chain. the front tm works well but once it started to wear it wore quik. i run a 13t front that probly doesn't help it. the fredette is good because it has replaceable blocks that are inexpensive($6)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:29 AM

I've got the BRP chain guide. I've bent every aluminum chain guide I've owned, the plastic chain guides don't bend and retain their original shape when hit, I've never broken one.. They are priceless (but cheap)... :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 03, 2005 - 11:28 AM

TM Designs works well on mine. I am on my 4th set of chain sliders and chain guide blocks. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.