yzf muffler?

9 replies to this topic
  • dirtboy01

Posted March 02, 2005 - 05:12 PM

i have a 01 yzf 426 and it has a stock muffler on it and it is pretty loud now but i want it really loud!! what can i do or buy to make it louder?? can i put a street bike muffler on it and if i did what would it sound like?? money isnt an issue for buying a new muffler or what ever.

• RADRick

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:20 PM

i have a 01 yzf 426 and it has a stock muffler on it and it is pretty loud now but i want it really loud!! what can i do or buy to make it louder?? can i put a street bike muffler on it and if i did what would it sound like?? money isnt an issue for buying a new muffler or what ever.

I hope this was a joke. If not, you are a moron. :)

• SPUTTER

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Here's what I recommend:
Remove the stock muffler
Purchase about 5' of flexible exhaust pipe
Attach the flex pipe to the open header pipe
Bend the flex pipe upward so the opening ends up about 12 inches above the gas tank inlet - facing rearward and angled slightly upwards.
Sit on the bike and start the engine
Hold your breath and listen til your ears start to bleed, you pass out, or both. :)

• dustdogg

Posted March 02, 2005 - 10:21 PM

Cherry bombs!!!!!!! :) :)

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 03, 2005 - 01:33 AM

Or you could just buy my White Brothers e2 :) :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cruise

Posted March 03, 2005 - 02:23 AM

Or you could just buy my White Brothers e2 :) :)

how much ?

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 03, 2005 - 03:50 AM

ummm for a quick sale $400 :) :)

• elton

Posted March 03, 2005 - 05:25 AM

ummm for a quick sale $400 :) :)

If you are serious, that must be the "slow sale price"; can be had new for $350..ish :p

Elton

• Sylvain

Posted March 03, 2005 - 01:26 PM

There is a new model of IQ, it's the below 30 model. :p

Did you get it ?

Obviously your hearing is impared or you must want to make people upset at you and anybody else who ride a dirt bike. Because what you'll do is piss off people about dirt bike riders. And you will contribute to the closing of more and more riding areas. :)

Think about it, if you still can... with all that noise :)

• Math

Posted March 03, 2005 - 08:09 PM

Straight header... why buy a pipe if you want noise?

But you'll probably see guns sales increase in your living/riding area :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.