Quieter exhaust for wr400???

4 replies to this topic
  • hane9272

Posted March 02, 2005 - 05:03 PM

I'm new here so please take it easy on me. I've got a 1999 wr400 with a FMF power core 4 exhaust and from the reading I get with the db meter device I'm a little to loud to race in the BJEC circuit. What are my options to get below 99db, I don't really want stock but if I have got to then so be it. What about the White Brothers "e" series?

Thanks,
hane9272

• firezwr426

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:40 PM

fmf offers a quiet core insert for the PC4... I think it is around 35 or 40 bucks ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pjriss

Posted March 03, 2005 - 10:44 AM

I have a White Brothers e on my 426 and it's LOUD. I'll be putting on a Q and powerbomb header this weekend and I'll let ya'll know how they compare.

• kirkw

Posted March 04, 2005 - 04:44 PM

i did a bit of research on this subject before I got my Q. Given the strictness that sounds is enforced with in my riding area, i called the rangers and asked what passed on WRs. Q 99% of the time, the others much less. the bike was uncorked stock when I got it. I got the Q before I got the powerbomb SX. With just the Q I noticed a little loss in power, mostly on top. It was MUCH quieter though. The powerbomb did make a little more power On the bottom, but not so much so that I would spend the funds on another if I had to replace it. Have passed sound, albeit right at the 96 limit, several times now.

• 99wr400

Posted March 05, 2005 - 06:56 PM

tTry getting a powerbomb header, I heard that they reduce sound. SX for bottom end, MX for top end. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.