trick D S question.

4 replies to this topic
  • drewpeacock

Posted March 02, 2005 - 02:03 PM

Does the stock odometer have to come off for the light to fit or am I missing something? Any other suggestions before I start would be great. (I tried the search and tried to reach Dale, no answers)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 02, 2005 - 03:31 PM

It's been two years since I did my Trick Dualsport set up, but I think you can keep the stock odometer in it's original location. I may be wrong. I have moved so much stuff around at the front of the bike I really can't remember.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 02, 2005 - 03:51 PM

Most people get rid of the 20 lb odometer and get something usefull like a Trail tech computer that tells you how fast you are going! :) I think the Trick Dual sport kit cannot fit over that bulky odometer unit it will need to be relocated above the headlight cover to work. :)

• drewpeacock

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thanks Indie, looks like I need to dig into my pockets again. Not too worried about the weight of the stock unit seeing how I carry an extra twenty lbs around the beltline. If I wanted to be a cheapskate I could move the d s box over to the left around an inch but I'd have four holes from the relocation. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 03, 2005 - 06:15 AM

Dale 661-268-1094
Give em a call..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.