Colorado 500, Whos' going?

13 replies to this topic
  • trailguy

Posted August 13, 2001 - 05:42 PM

Just counting down the days till the 500. Bikes ready, and just itching to ride the high mountain passes that only CO. offers. I allways thought Washington state was beautiful, which it is, but Colorado has the most scenic riding I have ever seen. The knarliest too. Hope to see a few of you there.

• mikeolichney

Posted August 13, 2001 - 07:44 PM

How do you get in? Don't you have to be in the industry or get an invite?

• carverdude

Posted August 13, 2001 - 11:49 PM

I agree,how do you get invited? I have been in Colorado and ridden with the group although I wasn't "in" with them.Got to meet Malcom Smith.What a great guy!!!!
When and where is it this year?
I am going to Colorado on the 24th for two weeks.Planning to spend a week in Moab also.Taking my Trials bike too.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 15, 2001 - 07:32 PM

Tailguy, You're killin me, I WAS suppose to go but I have to work. My dad is going without me. His name is Steve Lorenze, good guy!! Look for a WR426 that looks like a fireman owns it (way too much trick stuff on it and plenty of time to do it). You guys are using my Green enclosed trailer for your chase vehicle. (so try not to beat up on it like last year!!!) I've been told that this is a ride of a lifetime!!!!!! Have a great time!!

[This message has been edited by Dan Lorenze (edited 08-15-2001).]

• CAB

Posted August 16, 2001 - 06:31 AM

I have a few local friends who are going. I understand that they no longer run the official invitiation only ride, so now some other people have stepped up to continue it as an annual ride open to anyone who wishes to attend.

• ricky1

Posted August 16, 2001 - 09:48 PM

I would like some info on how to join this ride. Who do I contact?

Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• CAB

Posted August 17, 2001 - 06:35 AM

Ricky- e-mail me at and I will forward you the phone numbers of a few of my friends who are attending.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailguy

Posted August 17, 2001 - 10:01 AM

Sorry I did'nt elaborate more on this ride. It is an invitational ride, and newbies must be sponsored by an attendie of at least two years previous. I was fortunate to have a very good friend of mine sponsor me last year. It was the best ride I have and probably will ever attend. The scenery is breathtaking, the people hosting the ride are to say the least top notch. If you are ever fortunate enough to be invited, don't pass it up. It is truly a ride in the sky.

• Howard_Huge

Posted August 17, 2001 - 07:50 PM

This will be my first Co 500. I too was invited. Can't wait to pop my cherry. so to speak. Hope to hook up and ride with some of the gang. I'll be riding 2000 yz 426 # 125 on the plates see you up there.

• Howard_Huge

Posted August 27, 2001 - 01:32 PM

The Colorado 500 was (words cannot describe) the scenery, the single track, the rocks, and the commoradrie(spelling?) Was the best.
Pictures don't due it justice. But one thing that stands out is that Howard Huge was ROOKIE OF THE YEAR for 2001!!! what an honor.
If you ever get a chance to ride the 500 jump on it. I didn,t meet anyone from TT up there but there should be some newbies signing on in the near future as i did spread the word of our wonderful site.

Ride Co, Huge

• trailguy

Posted August 29, 2001 - 12:30 PM

Hey Huge, did you get snowed on on Engineer pass on day two? What a ride, year two for me. The scenery is to die for, and you won't find harder terrain anywhere. Congrats on the rookie thing.

• Howard_Huge

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:53 PM

Did you go up Alpine trail or another route to Engineer Pass? I wasn't able to make it up Alpine (water in the gas thing). A goat herder from Montrose gave me a ride into town with my bike. Turns out he was looking for one of his goats he had to leave the previous week. What an adventure! Was I ever thankful to get out of the rain.

Counting the days till next year, HUGE

• cbff33

Posted August 16, 2007 - 10:48 PM

Ditch the numbers off your bike...they are not allowed.

• lmcracing

Posted May 01, 2009 - 05:39 AM

I'm with you on this one. Please let me know if you get any info or contacts for obtaining an invite. I think if we keep poking around we should be able to come up with invites. Maybe this is overly optomistic thinking but whtahave we got to loose?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.