Is there an aftermarket rear brake line for 05 wr450?

6 replies to this topic
  • thumped_blue

Posted March 01, 2005 - 09:05 PM

:) I unknowingly got wrapped up in some barbed wire around rear caliper and brake line. The brakes worked fine after removing barbed wire for 2-3 rides. Then this weekend in Ocotillo Wells, nothing. The brake pedal has no resistance and piston does not move. It does not appear to be losing fluid, although brake line has visible tears near caliper. I cannot tell how deep they are or if air is entering system. I dissasembled the caliper and everything looked ok. I went to order a new brake line and was told all that is availabe was OEM. So my question is: is there an aftermarket (i.e. fastline, etc..) or will a yz brakeline work? AND.... Am I checking everything I should be? Thanks!

• thumped_blue

Posted March 01, 2005 - 09:10 PM

Oh, I forgot to add, the OEM rear brake line cost $80 bucks!!! Hoping to return it!

• clark4131

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:27 PM

The TT Store has several choices, Fastline, Galfer, etc...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumped_blue

Posted March 01, 2005 - 11:26 PM

Nothing I can find in TT store for an 05 wr450... :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 02, 2005 - 02:34 AM

03,04 and 05 should be the same rear brake line kit. :)

Ride engineering has the best kits on the market:

http://www.ride-engi...&pn=BL-Y4020-CL

• Jackazz

Posted March 02, 2005 - 07:31 AM

03,04 and 05 should be the same rear brake line kit. :D

Ride engineering has the best kits on the market:

http://www.ride-engi...&pn=BL-Y4020-CL

I have that braided rear line on my '04 from RE (through the TT Store), nice stuff. :)

Now only if I could find the time to install the LightSpeed '05 style front line & guards, seal savers & TrailTech comp. I bought for my baby. :) :p

• thumped_blue

Posted March 02, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Thanks guys! I will probably buy that one if I can return the OEM. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.