Free Mod question

6 replies to this topic
  • shorty87

Posted March 01, 2005 - 08:12 PM

What are the 'free mods' for the 2005 WR 450? Sorry, this is my first day. I'm stupid with computers. Thanks a lot.

• clark4131

Posted March 01, 2005 - 08:17 PM

-Uncork the exhaust
-DC the Grey Wire
-Put in the YZ throttle Stop
-Remove the Airbox Snorkel

One more bit of advice...Since this is a very informative site, it's always a good idea to use the search feature before you ask a question. You'll be surprised at the comprehensiveness of the information already in the various threads...SC

• thumper_dad

Posted March 02, 2005 - 06:12 AM

I believe someone made a sticky out of every free mod there was for a WR450 didnt they? :) trust me someone will ring in here with the answer shortly don't go away.

Oh,welcome to TT :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bottomfeeder2

Posted March 02, 2005 - 02:32 PM

I believe someone made a sticky out of every free mod there was for a WR450 didnt they? :) trust me someone will ring in here with the answer shortly don't go away.

Oh,welcome to TT :)

The sticky isn't sticky though.

• drewpeacock

Posted March 02, 2005 - 03:02 PM

What are the 'free mods' for the 2005 WR 450? Sorry, this is my first day. I'm stupid with computers. Thanks a lot.

That's funny! I still have to call in my kids all the time for help. Glad I'm not the only computer dummy.

• WheelsUp

Posted March 02, 2005 - 03:36 PM

One problem on the '05 450. Since it is now California "green", the fuel screw is blocked off (easy to drill out the cover), but the big deal is the jet needle now only has one clip position.

Generally, when doing the free mods, you want to richen that jet needle by one clip position to take advantage of the improved airflow from the airbox and exhaust mods. You now either have to buy an '04 jet needle, or get the JD kit.

• shorty87

Posted March 02, 2005 - 08:04 PM

Thank you SO much! You're very helpful, thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.