'05 Fox Pro Pilot vs. HJC AC-X2

10 replies to this topic
  • Steve123

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:17 AM

Anyone have the new '05 Pro Pilot. Need a new helmet, and want to know if it justifies the extra price...$199 vs. $129.

• Joe_Jet

Posted March 01, 2005 - 08:45 PM

The new FOX V3 Pilot is supposed to be out soon, $275 list. Our local FOX rep claims it will be lighter than the TLD. I have seen pictures of the graphics and they look pretty good although not as nice as the TLD.

• SkyRyder55

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:29 PM

just got myself a new Shark MXR. Thing is sweet. Super light and awesom ventilation.

• WheelsUp

Posted March 01, 2005 - 11:00 PM

It's hard to beat the AC-X2.
I did not find the Fox helmets to be comfortable.

• B86_Racer

Posted March 16, 2005 - 07:18 PM

I just bought the new '05 V3 Pilot...SUPER-lightweight and it is the most-comfortable helmet I tried on. I tried on the One Industries helmet, Oneal 905 helmet, Fox Pro Pilot (not V3) and a few others and the V3 Pilot was definitely the best out of any of them. Weighing in at only 2.9lbs is super-light, too. List on it is $375 though... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chills

Posted March 16, 2005 - 10:42 PM

I really like the Alien version of the V3, but dont know if the price justifies it....

• ktmr

Posted March 17, 2005 - 07:20 AM

I know I will get bashed for this one, but here it goes anyway...I got an ACX2 last year and it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever put on my head. The look and fit was good, but the durability was very poor. I have had several other HJC helmets, ACX1 and a couple for the street. I don't know if I got a lemon or what. But, it will be a while before I even consider another HJC.

My $.02

• Joe_Jet

Posted March 17, 2005 - 11:58 AM

I know I will get bashed for this one, but here it goes anyway...I got an ACX2 last year and it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever put on my head. The look and fit was good, but the durability was very poor. I have had several other HJC helmets, ACX1 and a couple for the street. I don't know if I got a lemon or what. But, it will be a while before I even consider another HJC.

My $.02

My suggestion is to stop dragging your head behind you on the track. Also, your helmet will show less wear and last longer if you don't land on your head. Try to concentrate your weight on one or both of the two round black spongy thingies on your bike.

Seriously though, I had an old HJC CLX-4 and it was a decent and light helmet. Definitely a good value.

• Steve123

Posted March 17, 2005 - 08:39 PM

"My suggestion is to stop dragging your head behind you on the track"

Funny. Ended up with the Pro Pilot. Goes on and off tight, but comfortable one it's on...

• ktmr

Posted March 18, 2005 - 06:25 PM

My suggestion is to stop dragging your head behind you on the track. Also, your helmet will show less wear and last longer if you don't land on your head. Try to concentrate your weight on one or both of the two round black spongy thingies on your bike.

Seriously though, I had an old HJC CLX-4 and it was a decent and light helmet. Definitely a good value.

A fellow TT'r posted a request help in a purchasing decision. I can speak from experience and personal knowledge on the HJC ACX2. I obviously do not care for the ACX2 and wanted to share my experiential knowledge with those who can use it in their lives. Besides, the ACX2 failed the durability test while in my gear bag as I placed it in my truck from about 8 inches and damaging the front mouth piece. Something other helmets have no problems holding together through.

Joe Jet, if you never wreck, you never ride, or try anything new. Good luck holding on to your "two round black spongy thingies". :)

I prefer to keep Thumpertalk a place to share information. Not make personal attacks on people I do not know, and who do not know me. Try www.motocross.com for people who can corespond with you on your level.

• fatnugget

Posted March 19, 2005 - 08:15 AM

:) Ummmm I think he was just teasing you. I wouldln't get too bent out of shape about it.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.