Best Front and Rear Disc Guards

1 reply to this topic
  • SteveWR450F

Posted March 01, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I have a 04 Yamaha WR450 F. Using radiator guards and skid plate from Flat Land Racing. Really like them although I see a lot of support for Unabiker and Rooster.

Anyway, now turning to Front and Rear Disc Guards. I like the Scott's Shark fin but spendy. Dont see many front guards available - the devols looks like a pot and acrebis (sp?) is only plastic (maybe a good thing).

So what is everybody using? NCMountain man and Indy usually are in the "know" so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:53 AM

I like the stock plastic rear disc guard. Has some give on impact! Very tough.
I am not a fan of solid shark fins and solid front disc guards. I dont use one on the front due to all the mud I ride in. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.