Boyesen Accelerator Pump Cover?

82 replies to this topic
  • YZ426FROCKS

Posted April 05, 2005 - 03:25 PM

Do you mean to tell me that there are 3 different diaphrams for the accelerator pump? I own a 2002 YZ426F, I installed the P-38 Lighting cover from Factory R&D, it seemed to help allot at first, but I feel like the sputter is coming back when I snap the throttle real quick! I would love to eliminate this sputter, I'm running a 165 main and a 45 pilot with a stock needle at stock position, pilot turned out 3/8, any tips? Buy the way, I just installed a Protaper Twister throttle tube with the needle bearing in it, what an amazing mod! I have so much throttle control now, worth the $80.00 big time!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PoconoPete

Posted April 30, 2005 - 12:09 PM

its inside the float bowl not the carb. when the bowl is off look down into it;brass thingy with a screwdriver slot :naughty:

Yep, I made that mistake first time I went looking for the leak jet. Its in the part you take off (the bowl) of the carb below (if I recall correctly) the accelerator pump.

• PoconoPete

Posted April 30, 2005 - 12:19 PM

I own a 2002 YZ426F, I installed the P-38 Lighting cover from Factory R&D, it seemed to help allot at first, but I feel like the sputter is coming back when I snap the throttle real quick!

Keep in mind that diaphrams wear out and they recommend replacing them at least every year! I bought the Boyesen AP cover but after reading the instructions found that they recommend replacing the diaphram, O ring and D ring if more than a year old. So now I wait on that order which by the way was 50% less through TT Store than anywere else. About $20 total not including the Boyesen cover.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.