Power vs Too Loud

7 replies to this topic
  • madmoto3

Posted February 28, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Any suggestions on the perfect exhaust? I heard the yoshimura R3 is a good pipe for added power with out frightening small children and setting-off car alarms.

• madmoto3

Posted February 28, 2005 - 08:31 PM

That would be for a 03 wr450

• SM-WR450F

Posted February 28, 2005 - 08:44 PM

I have a Pro Circuit Ti-4 low boy, and it is very loud. I never really had the stock system on there, but I'm happy w/ the PC system. Yamaha GYT-R makes an insert for their GYT-R mufflers that lower the noise output to 96 dB. The part number is GYT-5TG93-75-00. I'm quite sure it works for motorcycles as well as quads.

• new2fourstrokes

Posted March 01, 2005 - 03:43 AM

White brothers with the quite insert is just right.. :) :) :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djv5

Posted March 01, 2005 - 05:23 AM

I have the Yoshimura RS-3 Comp full system (header, muffler, & TEC kit) installed on my 2003 WR450f. The TEC kit allows you to change out the end cap for 3 different noise decibel. This is a very nice set-up, and only $409 from Rocky Mtn. You have to order the YZ450 kit, as they do not list the WR, but I called before I bought it, and the R&D team assured me it would fit. The installation was simple and has held up nice for the last 2 riding seasons.

The power gains were excellent, as I installed a James Dean jet kit at the same time. Very pleased with the results, so are my friends and neighbors!

• Tomppa68

Posted March 01, 2005 - 06:05 AM

Yamaha GYT-R also makes a quiet insert for original muffler.

• dirtr1der

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Yamaha GYT-R also makes a quiet insert for original muffler.

I bought that insert last year for my '02. The bike was un-corked when I purchased it. It slowed the bike considerably and made it sound like a moped. I did, however ride like that all last year as the uncorked pipe was way too loud.

I just took out the insert and wrapped the spark arrestor with packing. When I get the rest of my bike back together, I'll take a sound meter home from work and check the decibal rating and report back here. :)

• doctorchopper

Posted March 01, 2005 - 12:23 PM

I have a doma racing pipe on my wr426, it sounds like the world is coming to an end when i hit the throttle, I wouldn't recomend it unless you are only riding off road.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.