WR426 oil change interval

6 replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted February 28, 2005 - 05:48 PM

I know there's a new handful of 426 owners here(including me) in the last month or two so Ive been keepin' the tread titles obvious for us all. :)

I did a search but this question wasnt answered by a 426 owner:

How often are you changing the oil? Are you changing the filter out each time or have you found that it isnt dirty enough?

I ask b/c the manual calls for a change every 600 miles which seems EXTREME to me since Im used to changing oil on my 2 stroke every other ride.

Id like to hear from the experienced :)

• 02YZ426

Posted February 28, 2005 - 06:42 PM

I change my oil about every four rides. I know you can go longer than that if you want, but oil is cheap insurance. I always clean the filter every time the oil is changed, but it usually not dirty.

• Eric_F

Posted February 28, 2005 - 10:03 PM

I shoot for 100-150 miles, or 2 months, whichever comes 1st.

~Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmzbeast

Posted March 01, 2005 - 02:40 AM

WHAT I HAVE DONE TO STOP THE CHANGING OF OIL I DO NOT RIDE OR START IT AND EVERY TIME YES YOU GUESSED IT ITS CLEAN HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU :) :)

• rmzbeast

Posted March 01, 2005 - 02:41 AM

I Dont Know Bout You But I Cant Shoot That Far Larry

• GixxerBitch

Posted March 01, 2005 - 04:08 AM

Well, I do mine every 300 miles, a lot of that is on the road.

This seems excessive to me having been used to every 4K on my Gixxer.

I personally believe that it comes downs to what quality oil you use too. Use cheap shit and you're asking for trouble. Use something decent like comp 4 or Pro and you can aford to squeeze more mileage out of it.

I guess it 's also how hard you ride too!

• Sylvain

Posted March 01, 2005 - 07:49 PM

Oil change at app 350-500 kms for play riding.

Every weekends when practicing on the mx track.

It all depends of what you do and how you do it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.