02 yz426f bogging down

3 replies to this topic
  • bevo0611

Posted February 28, 2005 - 03:44 PM

ok guys, im asking this question to help my buddy out who has a 02 yz426f. yesterday we riding and after about an hour we went back to the trucks. when he went to restart it, it fired right up, but when he gives it some throttle it just bogs down, kinda like he's trying to take off in 4th gear. we checked everything and it seems to look ok, but too scared to open it up and really look. any suggestions on what it might be?

• Frostbite

Posted February 28, 2005 - 03:49 PM

Were you riding in mud? Check to see if the carb vent hoses are plugged. When mine start to freeze over the bike acts like it's running out of gas. It'll idle but won't rev up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bevo0611

Posted March 02, 2005 - 05:55 PM

does anybody think this could be the valves?

• jamieyz426f01

Posted March 03, 2005 - 09:47 AM

i put a different exhaust on my 01 yz426f and it boggs from idle and stalls if you grab a load of throttle. im thinking its the jetting but iv learnt to live with it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.