Suspension ????

2 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted February 28, 2005 - 01:59 PM

Stock 05 WR450 suspension. race tech on spring rates for my weight. Front is at 0.484 kg/mm recommendation. Rear is at 5.64 kg/mm with stock spring being 5.0 kg/mm. Can I gain the .64 in the rear by adjusting the spring myself stock. I heard three turns equl about a 1/4 inch (mm's I have no idea). Any suggestions without having to by a new spring/springs. Just going from stock. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted February 28, 2005 - 03:48 PM

You won't change the spring rate by adjusting it. The idea is to get the sag to the desired level. Your measuring 2 things when properly adjusted. The sag with you on the bike, should be around 100mm.

After getting this setting correct you need to check your sag without you on the bike. If the bike does not sag at all then you have adjusted the spring to tight and you will need the stiffer spring so that after your adjustments are done you have some free sag and I can't remember off the top of my head what that measurement is suppose to be, it should be in your manual.

• cgrlvr35

Posted February 28, 2005 - 05:00 PM

Thanks enduro dog. ill look up the info and check the sag. either with the new fancy tools, etc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.