Canadian WR450 same as American??

8 replies to this topic
  • northcrf

Posted February 28, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Do the Canadian WRF's require the same mods(throttle stop/grey wire/exhaust baffle) as the US bikes??
I heard they did not but I sat on one the other day and the throttle seemed to have very little movement to it(as compared to a YZF).
The salesman said no it did not(what a surprise) but if I was a betting man I'd say it did need the mods!!
Anybody know for sure???
:)

• banffboy

Posted February 28, 2005 - 06:55 AM

I posted this same question about a week ago. Didn't seem like anybody knew for sure. I guess we'll have to wait a see. Come on somebody......plunk down some cash and pick up a new 05'.

• Gadsen

Posted February 28, 2005 - 09:05 AM

Well, as an American :) who bought a new 04 WR450 from Canada :) I can tell you it has no throttle stop, no grey wire, no intake boot, much larger outlet spout in the muffler. But mine is an 04, I hear the 05's or pretty standard, ie AIS system, but as for the throttle stop, etc, someone in here should have an answer for us by now? One drawback if your in the US and buying Canadian and you race, you will get zilch in $$$ from the factory. I know, sometimes its not much, a hunskie here etc, but if you have an imported bike, the only money you get is from the track itself. I have a couple of buddies who races Honda CRF450's flat track, one was US, other was Canadian, he found out then.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 28, 2005 - 09:37 AM

I believe that in 05 the US and Canadian bikes are virtually the same. Unlike previous years. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcavmechanic

Posted March 01, 2005 - 07:34 AM

I am not 100% sure about the 450 but on my girlfriends 05' wr 250 the throttle stop was removed by the dealer and the grey wire was disconected by them as well. I was told by the dealer that this year Canadians were shipped the same bikes as the Americans. The 450s here do not have air injection though. The dealer told me that he had the Japanese Rep. came in and grabbed the throttle of one of the bikes in the showroom to check for a throttle stop. When he noticed it had one , he gave them the instructions to remove the stop and disconect the grey wire before delivery to the customer. That is how we recieved the wr 250. I know the dealer quite well so I am sure this is not bullshit . Once you take it home all other mods that need to be done are the same , as the bikes are the same. I hope that clears up the subject a bit.

• banffboy

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:16 AM

The 450 I saw at the Calgary bike show did have the AIS. Although the reps there were dumb as paint and couldn't answer any of my questions regarding any of the other restrictions :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 01, 2005 - 10:44 AM

I believe that in 05 the US and Canadian bikes are virtually the same. Unlike previous years. :)

I gonna agree.... We now know that the Canadian/Euro models have the AIS, I'm sure they now have the grey wire and throttle stop too.

• banffboy

Posted March 01, 2005 - 11:05 AM

I gonna agree.... We now know that the Canadian/Euro models have the AIS, I'm sure they now have the grey wire and throttle stop too.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet avatar Dan :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 01, 2005 - 11:29 AM

Sweeeeeeeeeeet avatar Dan :)

I actually like the "Rock and Roll Machine" album the best, but Allied forces is still at the top of my list... Man, it's hard to beat those early Triumph records.. :) :D :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.