Front Fork Rework

4 replies to this topic
  • BRP27

Posted February 28, 2005 - 05:36 AM

Who has been used for front fork rework? What is the approx.cost?
Were you happy with the work? How long was the turn around?

I am looking for " trail rider plush". Only small jumping, no more than 4 ft.

• qadsan

Posted February 28, 2005 - 07:12 AM

I had Barnums do my revalving and I'm very happy with the work. I recall it being ~$150 per end. Turn around was just a couple days for me. I had already done the springs myself. My fork seals & bushings were in perfect shape, but I know that's an extra charge for most shops including Barnums, which is more often than not needed for bikes with some miles on them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1biglung

Posted February 28, 2005 - 07:56 AM

I just had my front and rear done with springs (270 lb. rider) revalved, bushings, seals, cleaned up pistons and tubes etc.. by Suspension by Jake. He is an ex-Honda race Showa tuner and was with Precision Concepts for a while then decided to go on his own.

I got my rear back yesterday afternoon and put it back together and took it for a short blast down a rocky dirt road that was almost unbearable in stock form.

I am amazed with how it feels. I think someone stole my old bike and left me with a totally different bike. I have never had the suspension done on a bike but after that short blast last night that will be my first hop up to any bike in the future. I can't wait until this weekend to really flog her.

PM me if you want to contact information. He is in Corona, CA.

• x thread

Posted October 03, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I just had my front and rear done with springs (270 lb. rider) revalved, bushings, seals, cleaned up pistons and tubes etc.. by Suspension by Jake. He is an ex-Honda race Showa tuner and was with Precision Concepts for a while then decided to go on his own.

I got my rear back yesterday afternoon and put it back together and took it for a short blast down a rocky dirt road that was almost unbearable in stock form.

I am amazed with how it feels. I think someone stole my old bike and left me with a totally different bike. I have never had the suspension done on a bike but after that short blast last night that will be my first hop up to any bike in the future. I can't wait until this weekend to really flog her.

PM me if you want to contact information. He is in Corona, CA.

just had both ends done by esp owner name is George resprung for 260lb 549.00 very nice and knowledgable guy dropped of on Monday picked up on Friday .just buzzed the street so far.give him a call 1-818-249-6744

• qadsan

Posted October 03, 2005 - 08:32 PM

x thread, do you work for ESP or are you affiliated with them? You've got 15 posts since mid September and almost half them have to do with ESP and more than half of your replies are to threads that were dead for months before you replied to them. Just curious.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.