Throttle needed at start...why?

3 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted August 13, 2001 - 12:26 PM

I just bought a used 2001 WR250F. I had a hell of time getting it started at home, until I discovered that I needed to give it some throttle just after kicking through to the bottom.

My friends WR400F starts with no throttle or choke on first kick.

What is the problem?

ben

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 13, 2001 - 12:50 PM

jetting specs?
FS - #turns out
PJ
MJ
Needle - model & clip
other mods - air box lid on/off, exhaust system, freshly oiled air filter

Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted August 13, 2001 - 02:29 PM

Also include your elevation :)

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• armourbl

Posted August 13, 2001 - 02:46 PM

I'm beginning to get the hint that I need to provide as much info as possible when asking questions.

Let me get back to you with more. I only got the bike a week ago, so I have no idea.

ben

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.