seat height? shaved or not?

1 reply to this topic
  • elburro

Posted February 27, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I have two seats for my bike, one is a shaved down quite a bit and one is stock . Is there a way to measure the correct seat height or do you just ride what feels good? Any negatives to riding a seat that is short? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2005 - 09:59 AM

I'd say whatever makes you comfortable, to an extent. Only if you were to go to an extreme would it be a negative.

The distance from the seat to the pegs is somewhat important, and depends on your height. If they're too close together, it makes rising from seated to a standing position more difficult than necessary. If too far apart, you won't get adequate saddle clearance when standing.

If you look at something really extreme like some of the road customs or choppers, their seats are so low that your mass is centered too far down in the bike's mass to really control it well, but there's no way you're likely to do that with an MX'er.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.