Woods riding...

3 replies to this topic
  • brock1732

Posted February 27, 2005 - 06:39 PM

I was wondering how many clicks you guys go out on your yz400's for woods riding. I finally got to ride my new (but used) bike today for the first time and I want the suspension to be a little bit more plush over the rocks and such. So how many clicks should i go out?

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 27, 2005 - 06:43 PM

got 2 clicks down and see how it feels if its still to hard for you bring it down another 2. bring the srew driver with you on the trails so you can adjust it to your likeing..

mike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Geib2269

Posted March 01, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Dont be a lil girl and just wheelie over the rocks like a freind i know (his name is stephen).

• yzwiley

Posted March 01, 2005 - 07:32 AM

When adjusting the clickers I never go more than two clicks at a time. You should feel a difference with this adjustment.

To soften it up back out your rebound a couple clicks first. Ride it and then make further adjustments.

If the bike was not originally setup for you it might be wise to go see a suspension expert first. Having suspenders set to your weight, skills, and ride preference is the best thing you can do to your bike period.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.