wr/yz tank

3 replies to this topic
  • doctorchopper

Posted February 27, 2005 - 02:58 PM

Anyone know if my 01 wr426 europeen model has the same tank as a 01 yz426, the reason I ask this is that the tank seems a lot smaller than the us/canada wr, it only holds 8 litres of petrol.

• GixxerBitch

Posted February 28, 2005 - 02:32 AM

It says in the manual (I think) that the U.S version holds more fuel.....confusing I know. I can get about £5.50 in my tank, it's way to small!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stonie426

Posted February 28, 2005 - 03:32 AM

YES it has. My UK (euro) '02 WR426 is the same. The US tanks had something like 12 litres capacity.

In general, the YZ tank is better for ergonomics - ie. slimmer. When the US WR426's were released, a lot of riders over there complained and swapped their tanks for the YZ one.

• Math

Posted February 28, 2005 - 06:07 AM

You can always find the best of both worlds (good ergos and fuel capacity) by buying an aftermarket YZ tank. Acerbis, GYT-R, IMS, Clarke, Zip-Ty Racing sell those for about $200 USD + shipping.

I personnally own an IMS and a Zip-Ty. The IMS is for sale.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.