shaking bike?!

3 replies to this topic
  • mor

Posted August 13, 2001 - 03:04 AM

just moved from the 300exc to the 426 and when i ride it up to 15 km/h 'on road' i feel that the bike is shaking, i checked the wheels n discs n main bearings and they seems to b fine. what else can i check? is it something that i should worry about? could it b the extra whight from the 300 to the 426?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 13, 2001 - 05:31 AM

Mor, Is your bike brand new or did you buy a used bike with a bent rim?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted August 13, 2001 - 02:53 PM

You are making a pretty big jump in horsepower. Are you sure it's not you that is shaking......... :)

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 13, 2001 - 03:29 PM

My 99 dub-r has the fork tubes raised in the clamps approx. 1/2" (decreases stability) and my Panoram computer hit approx. 94 mph on a flat gravel road w/o any shake.

[This message has been edited by Boschk (edited 08-13-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.