Trickle Charger: Buy one

4 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted February 26, 2005 - 05:01 PM

I should've bought the damn thing a year ago. Man, makes storing the bike 100x easier and the magic button works every time :)

If you're interested this is the one I got. I've got an '04 with a Baja Kit that sucks the battery if I for some reason turn anything on without running the bike.

http://tinyurl.com/x9z5

• pilot42

Posted February 27, 2005 - 05:56 AM

For those of us that use the bikes relatively infrequently this sounds like a good idea, do you disconnect the battery when you use the trickle charger?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 27, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Good tip!! I'll charge mine maybe once a month. True, it really does like a fresh charge once in while.

• r_dawg1021

Posted February 28, 2005 - 10:25 AM

For those of us that use the bikes relatively infrequently this sounds like a good idea, do you disconnect the battery when you use the trickle charger?

No you don't disconnect the battery from the bike. I left everything as is and just used the connectors supplied and hooked it right up. I went for a long ride yesterday (6 hours) and didn't have problems with the e-start at all. Granted it didn't always get the bike started but the battery and the lights were strong all day. For $30 it sure did save a lot of pain and suffering. :)

• bottomfeeder2

Posted February 28, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Do most of you have that many problems starting yours? We usually go out once a month for a weekend trip. Usually I have little or no trouble starting it on the first ride of the first morning. After that, it's back to full strength and I have no trouble at all. It starts after our breaks on the trail and after a lunch break. It also fires right up on the next day's rides.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.